RubySlippers

Ruby

Only within the last couple years have I found my love of reading again. I've found that my interests lie mostly under that big genre umbrella that is fantasy, but I'm down for anything that will move and/or entertain me.

Broken Harbour
Tana French
Roaring Midnight (Macey Gardella, #1)
Colleen Gleason

The Unquiet

The Unquiet - Jeannine Garsee This book did not sit well with me. For nearly the whole book I felt like giving it only one star. The beginning is so outrageously boring and really quite needless. I think a good 100 pages could have been cut and the book surely would have benefitted from it. Character wise no one is well developed and nearly everyone comes off as mean, rude, and cruel. They’re assholes, essentially. When terrible things started happening to them I have to say I did not care. Not a bit. Nothing terrible happens to Corinne, the main character, directly. Par for the course in YA lit where everyone but the heroine is put through the ringer. I thought that Corinne, the main character, was insufferable. I found her to be selfish, hypocritical, and seriously flighty. The romantic relationship between Corrine and Nate is just there. No rhyme or reason for and very well could have been cut. It takes so long to get into the actual meat of the story and even then I didn’t find it all that appealing. It’s a very predictable ghost story and I wasn’t really creeped out by it. There were some interesting visuals but they were never expounded upon and thus didn’t actually add anything to the story. I thought everything was wrapped up too neatly until the very last line of the book, and that was my favorite part.