RubySlippers

Ruby

Only within the last couple years have I found my love of reading again. I've found that my interests lie mostly under that big genre umbrella that is fantasy, but I'm down for anything that will move and/or entertain me.

Broken Harbour
Tana French
Roaring Midnight (Macey Gardella, #1)
Colleen Gleason

Shadow Reader, The (Shadow Reader Novel)

The Shadow Reader - Sandy Williams I loved this book! There’s action, violence, romance, and it features an intelligent, likable heroine that I was rooting for the entire time. In fact, I have to say that McKenzie was my favorite part of the whole book (good thing since she is the heroine). I think she’s one of the most relatable heroines I’ve ever read. She’s completely self-aware. Every time I was second guessing her or wondering just what the hell she was doing she was right there saying or thinking what I was. It was a breath of fresh air, honestly. The story is riveting, throwing you right in the middle of a civil war between the fae. It doesn’t hold back with the gory details, the scheming and politics, the lies and betrayals. I was completely immersed in McKenzie’s emotions (in regards to the war at least). I have to admit that the love triangle was not my favorite thing about the novel. In fact, I wasn’t really keen on either hunky fae, but Aren and Kyol are well drawn characters and I understood where they were coming from and their actions. And compared to love triangles in general it was done well. I am team McKenzie and Naito for endgame. Just saying. It’s always the crack pairing with me, isn’t it?