RubySlippers

Ruby

Only within the last couple years have I found my love of reading again. I've found that my interests lie mostly under that big genre umbrella that is fantasy, but I'm down for anything that will move and/or entertain me.

Broken Harbour
Tana French
Roaring Midnight (Macey Gardella, #1)
Colleen Gleason

Dog Days

Dog Days - Elsa Watson Totally have to read this now Totally read this because I'm a proud white German Shepherd owner.I read Dog Days in a night and was laughing, near-crying, sometimes swooning, and often times smiling while reading. The cover, the title, and the Goodreads blurb don't lie to you. When you pick this book up you know what you're getting into; a cozy, cute read that has a lot of heart and moments that really touch you. The plot is simple, woman and dog switch bodies à la Freaky Friday. However, the plot is tight and well done with no filler.There is a bit of romance in the book, and Max (the darling love interest) is totally swoon worthy, but this is not the basis of the novel and is a secondary plot in the book. This is definitely a character piece focusing on Jessica and Zoe as individuals and their relationships. Jessica was a wonderful character who was full of determination and unexpected confidence. She was easy to sympathize with and someone who I found to be very relatable. Zoe was laughably over the top but I was invested in her eagerness to find her family and her unconditional love for them. While the pasts of these characters were predictable I found my heart breaking for them and smiling when they were able to over come their hardships.